If you’re suffering from ill-fitting or loose dentures and seeking a better solution than messy denture adhesives and creams that don’t always live up to expectations, mini-dental implants may be a perfect alternative solution. Dr. Britt is proud to offer this service at Dentistry by Angela Britt.
Mini-dental implants were developed to achieve optimal denture stability, allowing denture wearers to laugh freely, talk with ease, eat comfortably and live with confidence. Smaller than full-size implants, mini-dental implants are designed to retain and stabilize your lower dentures. Mini-dental implants are a great option for patients who:
- Can’t withstand the rigors of a full-size implant surgery
- Don’t have enough bone to allow for full-size implants to be placed
- Are seeking a more affordable dental implant solution
Dr. Britt utilizes America’s leading provider of mini-dental implants, the 3M™ Mini Dental Implant Denture Stabilization System, which offers patients a minimally invasive, affordable dental implant procedure, providing the denture wearer stability without the costs and time associated with a full-size implant procedure.
With heads shaped like a ball, the mini-dental implants protrude from the gum tissue where they provide a secure anchor for your dentures.
Here’s how it works:
- Metal housings with a rubber O-ring are incorporated into the base of the dentures. The rubber O-ring provides the seal that locks the pieces into place
- Mini-titanium alloy dental implants are then placed into the jawbone and act as an anchor to stabilize the lower denture
- When the denture sits on the mini-dental implants, the O-ring snaps over the ball like a socket and locks the dentures into place as they gently rest on the gum tissue.
- The mini-dental implants help dentures work as natural teeth, allowing easy and comfortable mobility for daily living.
- Due to the minimally invasive nature of the procedure, there is no lengthy healing period and most patients are able to enjoy their favorite foods within a few days.
- Patients may no longer need messy denture adhesives or creams to help their dentures feel secure.
The mini-dental implant procedure takes place in the office of Dentistry by Angela Britt with local anesthesia. Typically, the procedure takes only one appointment and can be completed within two hours. If you’re interested in more information about the mini-dental implant procedure, please call Dr. Britt today to schedule an appointment for a one-on-one consultation to discuss the best options for you!